Saturday 13 October 2007

Sir Ben Kingsley

I watched Sir Ben Kingsley being interviewed on "The One Show" yesterday evening. We were over the moon to have had this very charismatic man present our Radio 4 Charity Appeal on behalf of our Circus Children Project a couple of years' back. You can still hear the original broadcast through the hyperlink on the bottom of this page on the charity website:

http://www.ebtrust.org.uk/site/pact.htm

One of the highlights of my life was watching Sir Ben carry out the final amendments to the script before the broadcast and to see how he seemed to work himself physically into what he was about to say. His effort was well worth it as the appeal raised in the region of £23,000, one of the highest responses ever. Before he left the studio I was touched when he turned to me and said "As the father of four healthy children it has been my privilege to have done this for you".

I was very pleased to learn last evening that he has just remarried and I hope he finds the happiness that he so richly deserves.