Thursday 30 April 2009

My year from Dental School

Thirty five of us graduated from Queen's University Belfast Dental School in 1982. I am only still in touch with one of the group who continues to serve in the British Army (which I resigned from in 1999). One of the 35 took his own life a couple of years' ago. This evening I picked up this story in the Northern Ireland newspapers about another one of my former fellows:

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/local-national/accused-dentist-on-suicide-watch-in-jail-14283908.html

An earlier press report suggests Howell also faces charges of drugging and sexually abusing four women who where all former patients. I couldn't have imagined a more benign chap from my peers but I suppose that's what you hear so often said of the worst criminals after the event.