Thursday 11 October 2007

Hidden Nepal

Yesterday I returned once again in UK, to attend meetings and pursue funds. This evening I'll be in Macclesfield (for the second visit inside a month) this time to address a District "Inner Wheel" meeting, ladies who are the wives of Rotarians. The organiser, Adrienne Fox, invited me a few months ago to participate, having heard me speak on two previous occasions. I am flattered but I hope that the stinking cold that I am nursing doesn't lead to disappointment.


Before I left Nepal I had a very pleasant lunch at a delightfully secluded spot in the hills above Kathmandu, another hidden gem that I have discovered in the last couple of weeks (see previous post "Garden Sculpture"). It has tremendous views over the Himalayas and the food, enjoyed to the sound of a background hum of a host of crickets, was magical. This time I am going to be selfish and keep the location a secret apart from for supporters of the Trust!

Another element of hidden Nepal is the wonderful wildlife that must emerge at night. On the outside wall of the hilltop restaurant I was amazed to find a cluster of exotic moths around the exterior light that had attracted them the previous evening. I publish here the pictures that I took of them, some of which will inspire future mosaics.